My Headlines

hello

We have moved to Wordpress! Posted by Jason Links to this post The Recruiting Front Lines has evolved. At the beginning of the year, I changed jobs within my company, moving away from Outreach and Education, and into my new role as Director of Business Development. While I remain closely involved with our field activity, I am now more focused on strategic partnerships, social media, and the world of internet recruitment resources. As I have made this change, the focus of my blog content has also changed. Recently, I began to feel that many of the ideas I had for blog posts would not fit within the framework of The Recruiting Front Lines. This was a cause of some frustration, as I felt that I was either misrepresenting my content with the title of my blog, or that I was stifling my writing because I felt it didn't fit. To rectify this situation, I have created a new blog home, now on WordPress. I am still ironing out the wrinkles, but feel that it is far enough along that I can move all my past content, and begin posting all new content, at the new address. I would like to formally welcome everyone to come check out my new home at jasonblais.com. I can't wait to hear what you think! Best Regards, and Thank you for your time and attention over the past 18 months. Jason

Jan 18, 2009

RFL: Long Term Recruitment Strategy Video

I'm glad to announce that with this post, I am taking the first step in completing one New Year's Resolution: Begin posting video in this blog space. At JobsInTheUS, the company that I work for which hosts JobsInME, JobsInNH, JobsInVT, and JobsInRI- the leading job posting resource in each state, we've been working on developing a video program that will run regularly and will have two focuses- Recruitment Advertising Tips for Employers and Job Hunting Tips for Seekers. Through this process, I have been capturing Gigs of video and playing around with various video editing programs.

In the video below, I am discussing my view of long-term employment branding initiatives. I feel that most employers see recruiting and employment branding (by the way, I'm tired of people using "employer" branding as a term- if consumer branding is focused on branding to attract consumers, what does employer branding mean? Anyway, that's a rant for another day... where was I... oh yes) in the same light as copier repair and fuel expenses. Yes, all these things do affect the expense budget, they all affect the operation of the business, and they are all necessary to keep the company growing.

However, Recruiting, and specifically Employment Branding, has the potential to dramatically affect your business's ability to compete in the marketplace, develop new revenue streams, build and maintain long term customer relationships, to name just a few of the short and long term strategic benefits. Business is really all about people, regardless of what you read in the WSJ or Michael Crichton novels (a tremendous artist who made a huge impact on media of his time). Whether it's Jim Collins' identification of the "First Who, Then What" concept in Good to Great, or the Dale Carnegie principles of human relations in business, you can find numerous resources to support this idea. That is, until you are sitting down with the controller working on the recruiting budget. This area is often cut early when faced with slow economic conditions.

I'm off on a bit of a tangent, so allow me to pull back. If any business continually makes terrible hires over a long period of time, I think it's clear that the business would suffer greatly, if not close down all together. I don't believe there's any question to that assertion. Therefore, in the video below, and in the coming segments, I'll be exploring the other side of that statement- if any business continually makes terrific hires over a long period, their success (spelled p-r-o-f-i-t-s) will increase greatly.




As this is my first ever video, I would LOVE any feedback!

Thanks,

jason

No comments:

Jason Blais on FoxNews

Word Cloud for RFL

Wordle: The Recruiting Front Lines

Using Video to Reinforce Employment Brand