My Headlines

hello

We have moved to Wordpress! Posted by Jason Links to this post The Recruiting Front Lines has evolved. At the beginning of the year, I changed jobs within my company, moving away from Outreach and Education, and into my new role as Director of Business Development. While I remain closely involved with our field activity, I am now more focused on strategic partnerships, social media, and the world of internet recruitment resources. As I have made this change, the focus of my blog content has also changed. Recently, I began to feel that many of the ideas I had for blog posts would not fit within the framework of The Recruiting Front Lines. This was a cause of some frustration, as I felt that I was either misrepresenting my content with the title of my blog, or that I was stifling my writing because I felt it didn't fit. To rectify this situation, I have created a new blog home, now on WordPress. I am still ironing out the wrinkles, but feel that it is far enough along that I can move all my past content, and begin posting all new content, at the new address. I would like to formally welcome everyone to come check out my new home at jasonblais.com. I can't wait to hear what you think! Best Regards, and Thank you for your time and attention over the past 18 months. Jason

Feb 13, 2008

From JobsInRI Newsletter: RI FLOWER SHOW

Stop by and say hello to our Outreach Consultant, Steve Porter at the RI Flower Show!

February 21-24, 2008
Rhode Island Convention Center
Thursday - Saturday: 10am-9pm
Sunday: 10am-6pm

This year, we are exhibiting at the Flower Show because we have seen that ALL types of businesses can have success finding qualified employees, and ALL types of people can find good, local job opportunities, through online employment resources. Four or five years ago, the diversity of companies and job seekers going to the internet for hiring and job searching was relatively limited. However, in the past couple years with increased access to high-speed internet, installation of online resources at career centers and libraries, and the growth of the online employment adverting market as a whole, there has been a significant change in who goes online, and what they're looking for. Think you know all about the profile of the average online job seeker? You may be surprised. We have a free webinar later this month to find out who really is going online, and what they are doing.

We know that seasonal businesses often have a hard time finding the right people for their work, particularly when they are competing against all the other local seasonal businesses also in full hiring mode. JobsInRI will be promoting our service to job seekers and employers at the Flower Show, and will be available to answer questions about advertising effectively, or creating effective online resumes. Whether you are attending as a seasonal agri-business, or a hobby gardener, JobsInRI has the tools you'll need to nurture your business or cultivate your career. So, stop by and say hello to Steve. He'll be available for most of the show to answer any questions about finding a job or attracting the best candidates.

No comments:

Jason Blais on FoxNews

Word Cloud for RFL

Wordle: The Recruiting Front Lines

Using Video to Reinforce Employment Brand